[Ecls-list] Load and filenames.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 30 16:17:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Waldek Hebisch
<hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
> Apparently, if file extension is unknown to 'load' it treats file
> as a Lisp file.  It would be nice if 'load' could decide file type
> based on content...

Simply put, I do not know how to code this in a portable way. Seems
like one should track all the magic file IDs of binary files on all
platforms where ECL could potentially be built.

Hmm, the only serious alternative I can think of is using the Unix
command "file" and interpreting its output to decide whether the
binary is executable (and hence fasl) or text (and hence potentially
lisp source).