[Ecls-list] Load and filenames.

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Fri May 30 16:06:06 UTC 2008

I have noticed the following (mis)feature of 'load': when
I have fasl named 'baz' then 'load' is unable to handle it:

> (load "baz")
Found invalid character Rubout
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.No restarts available.
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.

If I rename the file to 'baz.fas' then 'load' works OK:

(load "baz.fas")
"/home/hebisch/lisp/baz.fas"

Apparently, if file extension is unknown to 'load' it treats file
as a Lisp file.  It would be nice if 'load' could decide file type
based on content...

BTW: I am trying to bootstrap sbcl on Fedora 9 using ECL as
bootstrap Lisp.  This is the first issue that I hit.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl