[Ecls-list] Compilation errors for libecl.a on OSX Intel

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 29 14:48:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Joseph Nunn <josephnunn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone clue me in as to the support or lack thereof for static library
> building on Intel OSX and suggestions they might have for me?

Hi Joseph, just a brief answer. If I find time I will write something
else tonight.

What version of OS X are you using? What configuration flags did you
use as well?

I have never seen such an error in any platform, including my current
MacBook running OS X Tiger. Additionally, people have built ECL in OS
X Leopard, though reportedly none of them use --disable-shared.

If I run "configure --prefix=$HOME --disable-shared" in my laptop, it
will configure and build ECL with its own garbage collector. It will
proceed as far as building libeclgc.a, libeclgmp.a, libeclmin.a and
the executabl ecl_min. It will fail at some point when building the
larger image, but because of something completely unrelated to the
garbage collector.

Your problems are really puzzling.