[Ecls-list] Maxima + ECL type coercion failure

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 18 17:19:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is a simple test I can make to verify whether I have the right version?

(coerce 0 '(double-float * *)) did not work in the older version.

> Are you sure that you committed the bug fix?
> cvs diff -u -r1.62 -r1.63 src/lsp/predlib.lsp shows substantial changes,
> not just a typo correction, and the log message doesn't mention
> deftype or a typo.

You are looking at too older versions. The CVS for users is updated 15
minutes later than that of developers. That might explain your
problems. If you look at 1.64 (Fri May 16 20:30:05 2008 UTC)
http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ecl/src/lsp/predlib.lsp?rev=1.64&root=ecl&view=auto
you will find the change I mentioned