[Ecls-list] Fwd: Latest changes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 16 14:58:23 UTC 2008

On May 16, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Samium Gromoff wrote:

> At Fri, 16 May 2008 15:06:08 +0200,
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Samium Gromoff
>> <_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>> I.e. the final $SYSTEM_NAME.lib composition stage will clash with a
>>> pre-existing $SOURCE_FILE.lib file, where $SOURCE_FILE == $SYSTEM_NAME.
>>
>> Why are there such $SOURCE_FILE.lib files in your system? AFAI remeber
>> they should not be produced by neither C:BUILDER nor any of the ASDF
>> operators.
>
> This struck me as odd, too.
>
> My belief is that I'm not doing anything special to provoke their generation --
> I'm doing an ASDF:MAKE-BUILD :TYPE :FASL :MONOLITHIC T, with no linker flags.

If this is the case, ASDF-ECL should be building a single library
(*.lib) for each ASDF system. Some times, an individual component of a
system might be compiled and loaded as FASL. This should generate an
object file and a shared library with *.fas extension. My conjecture
is that perhaps in this proces a *.lib file is generated. It would be
funny, but perhaps the compiler is generating an export library for
this binary file.

> In this context, is there a way to make ECL display all external executable
> invocations?

That should be the case by default. That is, unless you set
c:*compile-verbose* to NIL.