[Ecls-list] Latest fixes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 14 07:17:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Dustin Long <dlong at progmatism.com> wrote:
> Sadly, this asdf change only fixes part of the problem. Now, fresh images
> will successfully reload the necessary fas files, but they always recompile
> them, even when it is unnecessary. So this is not a problem of correctness,
> just performance. Again I think it's because output-files is returning the
> wrong value, in this case a .obj file when dispatched with a compile-op
> operation. Removing this method fixes the problem.

Well, this I really do not understand. The problem with output-files
is the following. When ASDF finds out that an operation returns a
non-nil value of output-files, it will only perform it if the
output-file is not present, or the input-files of this operation have
changed since the last time it was performed. The change to
output-files when applied to compile-op is trivial in the sense that
we are simply changing the extension of the file from .fas to .o. I do
not understand why ASDF is now sort of "complaining" about this.