[Ecls-list] C:MAKE-BUILD composition and hierarchical ar shrink-wrapping
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 30 13:57:05 UTC 2008
here comes attached another attempt at improving MAKE-BUILD. It is a
drop-in replacement for the file with the same name in the original
source tree. The logic behind ECL's facilities for system building is
now more clear (see BUNDLE-SUB-OPERATION) and it has some strict
rules, such as imposing that programs be monolithic.
The behavior now is defined as follows.
* Monolithic programs, shared libraries and FASLs proceed in two
steps: they first build a static library for each component and then
link everything together.
* Monolithic static libraries simply compile everything and stores it
in a single library file.
* Non monolithic static libraries only compile what belongs to this
module and links it into a library file.
* Non monolithic FASL files act similarly, but the output is a FASL.
* Non monolithic shared libraries compile the object files in this
module and then dynamically link to the shared libraries of other
This code is not yet committed. I send it to the mailing list to
gather your feedback.
Facultad de Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
Ciudad Universitaria s/n Madrid 28040 (Spain)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6063 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ecl-devel