[Ecls-list] ASDF not following symlinks on windows

Hugo Duncan hugo_duncan at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 14:37:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:20:10 -0400, Hugo Duncan <hugo_duncan at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I just built ecl on windows from git, and ASDF does not seem to be
> following symlinks.  Truename on a .lnk file returns the .lnk file.

I see now that this is a general windows issue.  For posterity, I "solved"
this by writing a function to recursively search a list of top level
directories, and pushing that onto
asdf:*system-definition-search-functions*.

I also had a go at patching unixfsys.d to make truename follow symlinks.
I got ecl_min working, but then got errors in building the rest, so I gave
up.  If anyone is interested in persuing, I could post my changes.  It
involves IShellLink and OLE.

Hugo