[Ecls-list] Maxima + ECL status report

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 21:42:55 UTC 2008

Hello,

Current status of ECL (from CVS today) + Maxima patches-for-ecl-branch.
As before, ECL + Maxima interpreted runs the test suite (run_testsuite())
without unexpected errors. ECL + Maxima compiled causes many errors.
Many of those errors are related to the factor function being broken:
factor always returns 0. At least part of the problem is that the Maxima
factor function ($FACTOR in Lisp) is supposed to call a Lisp function
named FACTOR, and FACTOR is called in interpreted Maxima but not
called in compiled Maxima. For the record (FBOUNDP 'FACTOR) => T.
I;m guessing that there is a function call which was not fixed up correctly.

I made a minor commit to maxima.asd today to get it to load successfully.

Thanks to Michael Abshoff and Carl Witty for their help on all this.

best

Robert Dodier