[Ecls-list] [Maxima] thinking about merging ECL branch

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 21:38:44 UTC 2008

On 7/25/08, Michael Abshoff <michael.abshoff at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  So unlike previous releases where we only tested after the release this
> time we want to get involved before the release since we *really* want to
> switch to ecl+Maxima 5.16.0 once it is out.

I am going to try to merge the ECL branch into the main trunk this
weekend. I'll keep you posted.

For Sage's purposes, is it OK to build Maxima via asdf instead
of defsystem? For other Lisp varieties, Maxima builds with automake
stuff + defsystem, but for ECL it builds with asdf (and no automake).
I don't know much about defsystem nor automake for that matter,
so if it is important to wedge ECL into that stuff, I am going to need
a lot of help.

Documentation, XMaxima, and probably other stuff is built via
automake. If that stuff around the edges is important, we might
have to get automake working with ECL in some form.

best,

Robert Dodier