[Ecls-list] Error on compiling type declarations without the type

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 11 23:39:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Zach <elzacho at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is completely academic and a bit ludicrous to argue about, really.
> Inserting a `type' everywhere I get these errors would fix things.  I was
> just bringing up a seeming non-conformance.

The thing is that SBCL implements the extension which is proposed in
the comment to the specification. However, that is just a comment and
for instance CLISP will complain about the same type declaration. It
is not a big effort, probably, to look at ecl/src/cmp/cmpenv.lsp and
add a couple of statements identifying type declarations for valid
types, though.