[Ecls-list] mingw32 build fix

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:54:21 UTC 2008

2008/7/1 Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>:
> Can you explain this thing with the firewall? I mean, the git
> repository I have at sourceforge does not have any software installed:
> it is just a copy of the directory tree and using "git clone
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/git/ecl/.git/" should not require any
> special ports or other things that a firewall may interfere. My own
> computer, for instance, sits behind a global http cache.

Seems that for some reason I cannot get win32 port of git (msysgit) to
use http or socks proxy directly.
When I try to clone http://ecls.sourceforge.net/git/ecl/.git/ git
fetch list of files that it needs to download, but then fails to
download needed files. I already complained to this list that ecls git
repo is broken, but it appeared that was just my machine.

However, msysgit on win32 seems not to have problems accessing git://
protocol based repos through socks proxy using freecap from the
cmdline, so I set up a mirror ar repo.or.cz that I can access. It
synchronizes once an hour, so it's good enough.

Regards,
Marko