[Ecls-list] Compiler and statically linked ECL.

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Tue Jan 29 13:47:53 UTC 2008

Juanjo wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2008 12:12 AM, Waldek Hebisch <hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
> > But when I use statically linked ECL I am able to create
> > 'lisp' executable, but the compiler is absent from it -- so
> > build fails.
>
> Why do you use statically linked ECL to build FriCAS? The dynamically
> linked one should be more flexible.

Profiling requires statically linked ECL -- function from dynamcally
linked libraries do not show in profiles.  Since substantial part
of execution time is spent in libecl, at least libecl must be staticaly
linked.

> > Using dynamically linked linked ECL I use '(require :cmp)' to
> > make sure that compiler is present in generated executables.
> > How can I include compiler in statically linked executable?
>
> You have to provide the compiler library as an argument. Look at the
> end of build/compile.lsp, where the ECL executable is built. It links
> in the compiler and I seem to recall it also links in some other
> module (asdf? sockets?)

build/compile.lsp uses variables which seem to be absent from
the final ECL.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl