[Ecls-list] Compiler and statically linked ECL.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 29 08:55:16 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 12:12 AM, Waldek Hebisch <hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
> But when I use statically linked ECL I am able to create
> 'lisp' executable, but the compiler is absent from it -- so
> build fails.

Why do you use statically linked ECL to build FriCAS? The dynamically
linked one should be more flexible.

> Using dynamically linked linked ECL I use '(require :cmp)' to
> make sure that compiler is present in generated executables.
> How can I include compiler in statically linked executable?

You have to provide the compiler library as an argument. Look at the
end of build/compile.lsp, where the ECL executable is built. It links
in the compiler and I seem to recall it also links in some other
module (asdf? sockets?)