[Ecls-list] Maxima + ECL

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 01:08:21 UTC 2008

On 1/13/08, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> ECL no longer provides this dumping mechanism because it is very
> difficult to port to different platforms. You can do two things: i)
> rewrite the build process so that it no longer uses mkdefsystem and
> instead it links object files together or ii) port the system
> definition to ASDF and use ECL's mechanism for building a single FASL
> file out of it.

Thanks for all your advice. I'm going to put this aside for now.
I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to compile Maxima w/ ECL
but at present it's somewhat beside the point, although I hope the
function-calling problem is resolved sooner or later.
Mostly I'm interested in ECL for the bytecode output. I'll take a look
at whether Java bytecode output is within the realm of possibility.

best,

Robert