[Ecls-list] Maxima + ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 13 20:28:54 UTC 2008

On 1/13/08, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does ECL have a function to dump an image? SAVE and SAVE-SYSTEM
> are mentioned in ECL src/doc/help.lsp but it appears they are not defined.
> There are also C:BUILD-PROGRAM etc which, I guess, have somewhat
> the same purpose. Maybe I should try to use those.

ECL no longer provides this dumping mechanism because it is very
difficult to port to different platforms. You can do two things: i)
rewrite the build process so that it no longer uses mkdefsystem and
instead it links object files together or ii) port the system
definition to ASDF and use ECL's mechanism for building a single FASL
file out of it.