[Ecls-list] Slow prettyprinting (update)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 3 19:41:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have done a rather small change to ECL, which consists on activating
CMUCL's implementation of FORMATTER. Until now, all FORMATTER did was
to create a dummy closure that called FORMAT. Now we use the
generating macros to actually compile format strings into functions.

Using Waldek's stress test for the pretty printer, this seems to
reduce time by 50% and memory by about 1/4th

; With FORMATTER
real time : 2.228 secs
run time  : 2.136 secs
gc count  : 16 times