[Ecls-list] Maxima + ECL status

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:24:11 UTC 2008

Hello,

In a clean Maxima cvs sandbox, I find that

sh bootstrap; LDFLAGS=$FOO ./configure --enable-ecl; make; make check

runs successfully, and make check reports no unexpected errors.
I'd like to hear if anyone else can make it work.

FOO might or might not be empty, but for at least one system I work on,
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib or it won't work.

I didn't try the above on the stuff unpacked from maxima-5.17.1.tar.gz,
maybe someone can try it.

By the way, I found it necessary to supply LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib
when building ECL itself.

Looking forward to any reports about Maxima + ECL.

Robert Dodier