[Ecls-list] Keeping temporary Lip files around when building ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:38:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Erik Winkels <aerique at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Another unrelated question: The library I'm creating bindings for has
> its own include path.  At the moment one of the first thing I do in
> my source is:
>
> (setf c::*cc-flags* (concatenate 'string c::*cc-flags* " `pkg-config --cflags --libs OGRE`"))
>
> Is this the right place to do it or is there a better way?

Right now this is the only way.

I expect at some point to upgrade the cc-flags variable from a string
to a list of strings, so that it becomes consistent with
ext:run-program. That would also solve some potential problems which
may happen when parsing a long string of arguments if some of those
arguments have spaces and other controversial characters.