[Ecls-list] function names in backtrace

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:30:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Well, I've read a little of ECL internals in the new manual
> and some sources and understand that for compiled functions
> to appear on the backtrace, ECL compiler must insert
> call to ihs_push into the generated C code.

Sorry, this only worked when the optimization qualities were
proclaimed, due to a bug in the code that parsed optimization
declarations at the beginning of functions. I have fixed this and with
the same example as in your email I now get the proper backtraces

> (compile-file "foo")
[...]
> (load "foo")
#P"/Users/jjgarcia/src/ecl/build/foo.fas"
> (f2)
test error
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.No restarts available.
Broken at F1.
>> :b
Backtrace: F1 > f2 > si:bytecodes > si:bytecodes > si:bytecodes
>> :q
Top level.