[Ecls-list] function names in backtrace

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Dec 8 23:52:00 UTC 2008

Well, I've read a little of ECL internals in the new manual
and some sources and understand that for compiled functions
to appear on the backtrace, ECL compiler must insert
call to ihs_push into the generated C code.

Also, in the http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch02.html#ansi.declarations
it is stated, that with OPTIMIZE DEBUG level >= 2 the
compiled functions appear in debugger backtrace.

But I can not get it working. What am I doing wrong?

(defun f1 ()
  (declare (optimize
            (debug 3)
            (speed 0)
            (safety 0)
            (space 0)
            (compilation-speed 0)))
  (error "test error"))

(defun f2 ()
  (declare (optimize
            (debug 3)
            (speed 0)
            (safety 0)
            (space 0)
            (compilation-speed 0)))
  (f1))

(compile 'f1)
(compile 'f2)

> (f2)
test error
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.No restarts available.
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.
>> :b
Backtrace: SI:BYTECODES > si:bytecodes > si:bytecodes

Best regards,
- Anton