[Ecls-list] clem on clisp

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Fri Dec 5 05:17:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Cyrus Harmon wrote:

> When I try to compile clem with ecls, I get the following:
>
> (NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL) is not a class.
>  [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

My bad.  I got ECL compiling clem, just forgot how hard it was.  Whenever
you get one of these errors, restart ECL and try again.  For some reason,
it gets a little further each time and eventually finishes.  I didn't
actually test that things run properly.

FWIW, these errors appear to be due to the metaclasses not loading
properly during ASDF compilation.  Eval-whens didn't even work.

Things go just fine if you simply
(load "src/defpackage.lisp")
(load "src/metaclasses.lisp")
(load "src/early-matrix.lisp")

This might be an interesting test case for the ECL crew.

Sources found at
git://cyrusharmon.org/pub/git/clem.git

- Daniel