[Ecls-list] run-program :wait

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 07:18:33 UTC 2008

On 8/29/08, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> (ext:run-program "ls" nil :wait t) gives an error:
>
>  Unknown keyword :WAIT
>
>  This happens with the CVS version of ecl.  Is that correct?  It happens
>  for me both on Solaris and Mac OS X.

Are you sure you are running an up-to-date version?
Maybe you should pull a clean copy from CVS and build that.
My experience has been that ECL's build system doesn't track
dependencies very well.

The :wait keyword problem was fixed a week or two ago (I found it
because Maxma plot2d calls run-program). The example above
returns an input stream from which read yields file names
(I guess that's expected). Also plot2d works OK.

I'm working on Linux. I guess it's possible that run-program exercises
different bits of code on different platforms --- maybe the :wait bug fix
wasn't propagated through all versions of run-program. Just a guess.

FWIW

Robert Dodier