[Ecls-list] ecl on Solaris/sparc?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 29 07:18:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:51 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wrong; leaving off ABI=32 doesn't work.  For some reason, the config
> wants to use -Wc,-m64, which gcc (3.4.3) doesn't like. [...]
> Also, I think I found out what the problem was with sparc-mach-dep.o issue.
>  I was using gcc 3.4.3 that comes with Solaris 10, which also uses binutils.
>  But I rebuilt using my own build of gcc 3.4.3 that uses Sun as and Sun ld.

Since Michael did not have those problems, do you think we can produce
a minimal set of instructions that people can follow for building with
Solaris? I would gladly add them to the manual
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/pr01s06.html#preface.osdep

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)