[Ecls-list] ecl on Solaris/sparc?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 00:51:01 UTC 2008

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, I used --enable-slow-config and ABI=32.
>>

> Did you have to use _both_? The idea of --enable-slow-config is that,
> since ECL will grab the flags which are used by the bignum library, it
> will build itself in 64 bits mode.

I was wrong; leaving off ABI=32 doesn't work.  For some reason, the
config wants to use -Wc,-m64, which gcc (3.4.3) doesn't like.  I don't
really need a 64-bit lisp, but if you're interested in fixing this, I
can look into a bit.

Also, I think I found out what the problem was with sparc-mach-dep.o
issue.  I was using gcc 3.4.3 that comes with Solaris 10, which also
uses binutils.  But I rebuilt using my own build of gcc 3.4.3 that uses
Sun as and Sun ld.  That works.

Ray