[Ecls-list] asdf-install Instructions?

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 04:45:16 UTC 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 11:44 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> There is nothing special about ECL+asdf-install. AFAIK, those patches
> are already included asdf-install. You just have to install it like
> you would on any other platform. But I must admit I do not use it
> myself, so I may have forgotten how to use it (read previous emails of
> mine on the list about this and my own setup)

You are correct, asdf-install seems to work just fine.

Would you consider including asdf-install as part of the standard ECL
distribution, as so many other Lisp implementations do?  It is a great
convenience to be able to start running (asdf-install:install ....)
once you have a working base installation!

Thanks,

-Brent