[Ecls-list] success, was: broken local installation of ecl

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:57:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Oliver Kullmann
<O.Kullmann at swansea.ac.uk> wrote:

> setting LDFLAGS I was also able to compile ECL and to
> build Maxima, but yet it's not usable:
>
> Neither the ECL nor the Maxima frontend now understands
> any cursor key. As far as I know that is a readline thing,

Some Lisp varieties link in libreadline, some don't; ECL doesn't.

rmaxima is a script, installed as part of Maxima, which runs Maxima
through a program named rlwrap, which provides readline functions to
programs which don't have them otherwise. You'll have to install rlwrap
separately. I forget where to get it; I think Google should find it.

HTH

Robert Dodier