[Ecls-list] ecl on Solaris/sparc?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 28 09:20:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned in my other email, this is now working for me with one change.

Great, then I can fix the sources so that they build also on Solaris.

> Yes, I used --enable-slow-config and ABI=32.

Did you have to use _both_? The idea of --enable-slow-config is that,
since ECL will grab the flags which are used by the bignum library, it
will build itself in 64 bits mode.

> As explained in the other mail, this doesn't work on Solaris 8.  I just
> changed isfinite to finite.  Not sure if that's right, because I can't think
> of any test case to create an infinity that would test isfinite in ecl.
> If you can provide some guidance on how you want to handle this issue, I can
> help implement it and test it.

Thanks, that is really appreciated. Your change is ok with me. I have
provided similar hacks for other platforms, such as Windows, which do
not have all the C99 mathematical functions and macros. The ideal
place for that right now is in src/c/config.h, at the end. So probably
you only have to complete the #if statement with the appropriate
check. Can you try that? If it works, please send me back a patch file
so that I can commit the change.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)