[Ecls-list] ecl on Solaris/sparc?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:28:55 UTC 2008

I tried compiling ecl-0.9l on sparc/Solaris using gcc 3.4.3 and ran into
a few problems.

First, the rest of ecl wants to build a 32-bit app, but gmp builds a
64-bit library, so that doesn't work together.  I think ecl may want to
set ABI=32 when building gmp so that gmp will build a 32-bit library.  I
didn't try making a 64-bit version of ecl, so I don't know if that would
have worked or not.

After fixing that, eclmin won't link because isfinite is not defined.
Solaris 10 seems to have isfinite in math.h, but only if _STDC_C99 is
defined.  This isn't defined with gcc 3.4.3 so that doesn't work.  My
solution was to steal definitions for isnan and isfinite from glibc.  I
stuffed the macros in ecl.h, and placed the C implementation in
numbers.d.  I can provide a patch if desired.

That took care of the linking problem.

The last problem I have no solution for.  When linking in libeclgc, I
get linker errors about non-aligned access in sparc_mac_dep.S.  Not sure
what that means, but I'm basically stuck there.

Any tried building ecl on Sparc?  Am I doing something wrong?

Ray