[Ecls-list] read-char eof issue?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 01:03:17 UTC 2008

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't understand the recursive-p arg very well, and I think in this
>> example it should probably not be T.
>> However, both cmucl and clisp don't complain for this example.
>>

> Yes, I see. I have checked the code and this is a very old behavior
> which is extended to all functions with a recursive-p argument. I will
> have to check the implications of removing it very carefully.

FWIW, I fixed the f2cl code and removed the recursive-p arg in several
places.  (Don't know why it was set.)   With this change, ecl can now
compile f2cl and can successfully convert all of the test programs that
I've tried.  It works quite nicely now and compiles things quite fast
and runs it quite fast too!

So, if this is ancient ecl behavior, perhaps you should preserve it so
you don't break other  existing code.

BTW, I forgot to mention, but I was testing ecl-0.9l, but I guess that
doesn't matter too much now. :-)

Ray