[Ecls-list] Maxima 5.16.2

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 01:27:34 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have tagged version-5_16_2 in cvs and generated tar.gz, src.rpm,
and rpms and uploaded them to Sourceforge. Follow the link for the
download page at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxima

If someone can build a windows installer & post it, that would be very helpful.

This version builds OK w/ CMUCL, SBCL, Clisp, GCL, and ECL on Linux.
In each case run_testsuite reports no unexpected errors (except for
rat(x^(2^128)) which triggers an error in CMUCL 19c; if I'm not mistaken
it works OK in more recent versions of CMUCL).

A couple of build issues that seem to have been resolved.
(1) build_info works OK in ECL.
(2) load(lapack) works OK in ECL if the share/lapack directory is writeable
(same situation as for other Lisps).

Please test this version if you have time. If no further pressing issues
are reported, I'll make a public announcement about this.

Robert Dodier