[Ecls-list] 0.9l does not build on OS X 10.5

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:33:34 UTC 2008

On 8/16/08, Thomas F. Burdick <tburdick at gmail.com> wrote:
> At this point I'm no longer making an effort, I already have all the
> lisp systems I'm interested in installed. But I am reporting this so
> that you all know that 0.9l indeed does not build on clean
> installation of OS X 10.5 plus the developer tools. You should
> probably either add system-specific instructions or just mark it as a
> bit-rotted port.

I understand your bitterness about not being able to build it, but I
do have a 10.5 in my laptop (intel MacBook) and it works perfectly
fine. The problem is related to the PPC architecture and since I do
not have any PPC with Mac OS X 10.5, I cannot do anything about it
right now. So, in short, I am _not_ going to mark it bit-rotted,
trashed,etc. Works for me, may tag that the PPC port cannot be
maintained right now.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)