[Ecls-list] 0.9l does not build on OS X 10.5

Thomas F. Burdick tburdick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 09:29:04 UTC 2008

2008/8/15 Michael Abshoff <michael.abshoff at googlemail.com>:
> Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
>>
>> Here is the tail end of the configure and make transcript:

 [...]

> Hi,
>
> this is a problem with the build in gmp. Build gmp 4.2.3 from sources and
> then use it to build ecl and it should work. Make sure to use the same ABI,
> i.e. 32 vs. 64 bit as you want for ecl.

After building and installing the included gmp by hand, the build went
further, but eventually died with an ld problem.

At this point I'm no longer making an effort, I already have all the
lisp systems I'm interested in installed. But I am reporting this so
that you all know that 0.9l indeed does not build on clean
installation of OS X 10.5 plus the developer tools. You should
probably either add system-specific instructions or just mark it as a
bit-rotted port.