[Ecls-list] Line Number of errors ?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 24 18:22:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:
 >  I think you have to do this this way, because ECL's swank-backend does
 >  not implement the functions to evaluate an expression in the context of
 >  a backtrace frame, or at least to get at the value of a stack variable.

 ECL's debugger does evaluate forms in the lexical environment of
 different functions along the backtrace. The lexical environment and
 the function are both stored in the Invocation History Stack. I admit
 this is rather obscure and there is not a good API to handle this --
 just old EcoLisp's --, but it is definitely there.

 There is a different problem with ECL is that there are four stacks:
 the stack that lists the function invocations, the stack that lists
 points to which we can jump (i.e. BLOCKs, UNWIND-PROTECTs, etc), the
 global binding variable stack and the interpreter stack. Writing code
 to translate all this into Slime's desired format is not a trivial
 task, but it is doable -- I am just missing a good specification of
 what Slime wants. If any Slime expert sends me a set of functions and
 a detailed specification what they should output, them I cand spend a
 weekend coding it.

 Cheers,