[Ecls-list] Line Number of errors ?

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Apr 24 17:22:23 UTC 2008

"Geo Carncross" writes:

> A bigger change will be getting similar decorations elsewhere into ECL
> so I can implement
> find-definitions for things other than functions. I guess (SI:LOAD)
> could bind the current form number
> before it calls eval, and we could simply do something like
> (SI:REGISTER-THING 'type 'name *pos* *load-pathname*)
> does that sound about right?

I do have some plans to come up with a specification / implementation of
first-class source-locations as part of my `editor-hints' project, where
vaguely something like this is included.

  -T.

P.S.: I looked at FIND-SOURCE-LOCATION in swank-ecl.lisp; There's a
*tmp* global variable straying around, most likely used for debugging
purpose to get something to the REPL.

I think you have to do this this way, because ECL's swank-backend does
not implement the functions to evaluate an expression in the context of
a backtrace frame, or at least to get at the value of a stack variable.

Juan, is any of the above actually doable?

  -T.