[Ecls-list] gazonk files

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 8 09:06:58 UTC 2007

2007/8/26, Klaus Schilling <schilling.klaus at web.de>:
> Where do gazonk-files  appear after a compile? Is it possible to
> rename those file and load them into another instance of ecl?

What are gazonk-files? I am afraid you are talking about a very old
compilation mechanism that was removed from ECL (not Ecolisp) long
ago.

When you compile a file with ECL, now, a shared library with extension
*.FAS is loaded in the core. When you compile a function, something
similar happens, but the DLL is created in a temporary file and
removed when the function is garbage collected or ECL closes.