[Ecls-list] Solaris 9 build report and suggested fixes with current cvs

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 8 09:03:52 UTC 2007

2007/8/26, Michael Abshoff <Michael.Abshoff at fsmath.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de>:
> gmp link failure: On Solaris 9 - I know about the workaround of using an
> external gmp, but if  you want to compile in 32 bit mode:
>
> - gmp is compiled in 64 bit mode per default while ecls itself
> is build in 32 bit mode. This leads to problem at link time.
>
> "ABI=32; export ABI" fixes that issue. I am not sure if the "pass extra
> flags to gmp switch" works in that case, unless you specify a 32 bit
> solaris host explicitly.

This can be added to the wiki. ECL still has a flag --enable-slow-conf
which uses GMP to guess the right flags, but in your case this would
lead to a 64 bit ECL, which is probably not what you need.

> - remove "-g" from CCASFLAGS: assembler dwarf2 relocations break solaris
> native ld

Where is this flag? I have not found it yet.

> Solaris doesn't have a stdint.h: (in build/ecl/ecl.h", around line 20)

Fixed.

> The build also breaks later because SO_REUSEPORT doesn't exist on Solaris
> 9. Workaroud: configure with --with-tcp=no
> It would obviously be nice if that code could be fixed to also work on
> Solaris :), but I don't know, so I cannot suggest a fix.

There is a simpler fix which is to conditionally remove the offending line

#-(or :linux :wsock :cygwin :solaris)
(define-sockopt sockopt-reuse-port "SO_REUSEPORT" bool)

But, since I have not built ECL on solaris for a long time, I am not
sure whether :solaris or :sun is present in the global variable
*features* . Can you check this?

Cheers,