[Ecls-list] bug in cmpmain.lsp (patch included)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 25 15:48:33 UTC 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 11:20 PM, Geo Carncross <geocar at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems asdf-ecl cannot include libraries created in other modules.
> Perhaps probe-file worked differently the last time this was tested,
> or perhaps something else happened, but it seems that pathname objects
> don't turn (correctly) into strings for si:system. Running the result
> of probe-file through namestring seems to fix it.

Probe file indeed outputs a pathname and not a namestring. This is
discussed here
http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/fun_probe-file.html

> I do not know what the policy of this list is on accepting patches, so
> I have included both a link to the patch, and attached it to this
> message.

Thanks a lot for the patch. There is no policy as such. If the patch
is small, you can send it to the list. Either you should send it to me
directly. I will review it and incorporate ASAP.