[Ecls-list] Rewriting autoconf -> autoconf/automake

jwiegley at gmail.com jwiegley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:21:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 8:17 PM, Steve Smith wrote:

> Some projects are moving away from autoconf/automake to other tools
> such as scons and cmake.  If you're going to rework the build system
> it may be worth looking at those too.

I've had a lot of experience with automake, and although it's far from
ideal,
at least a lot of people know how to use it and probably has the tools
installed.
I find myself a bit mystified whenever I come across projects where I
can't
simply run "./configure" (although I'm getting better at using bjam
and Ant).

John