[Ecls-list] BUG: compilation error on Linux/AMD64

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 17 21:31:23 UTC 2007

2007/5/17, Eric Marsden <eric.marsden at free.fr>:
>   BTW, the "make install" target installed libecl.so in /usr/local/lib/ecl,
>   which isn't scanned by the dynamic linker. Moving it manually to
>   /usr/local/lib makes ECL run.

Actually, I designed the build process to insert in the executable the
precise location of the library (I think it was the --rpath link
option, or something similar). Last times I tested though, it seems
these flags were gone :-/ I presume I will have to move to the usual
Unix paths anyway because of problems in other platforms, so yeah, I
will change the installation paths.