[Ecls-list] BUG: compilation error on Linux/AMD64

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Thu May 17 21:18:21 UTC 2007

>>>>> "jjg" == Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

  ecm> ECL from CVS does not compile on Linux/AMD64 (in 64-bit mode).

  jjg> Hi, I just finished building ECL on an Ubuntu/AMD64 machine without
  jjg> problems. What flags did you use?

  I just tried a fresh CVS checkout and the build went fine, so I must
  have had some cruft lying around in the build directory (that wasn't
  removed by "make distclean"?), sorry.

  BTW, the "make install" target installed libecl.so in /usr/local/lib/ecl,
  which isn't scanned by the dynamic linker. Moving it manually to
  /usr/local/lib makes ECL run.

  Thanks,

--
Eric Marsden