[Ecls-list] Porting ECL to the Hurd

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 25 08:43:54 UTC 2007

2007/3/25, Pierre THIERRY <nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org>:
> Thanks for the feedback and review. I see in the Changelog in CVS that
> you're planning a 1.0 release. Do you already know when?

I am making a long stay abroad on May. I hope to have some free time
then and work on the compiler. 1.0 will only come once the compiler
has become correct -- now, particularly with optimizations, it may
produce wrong code. I am happy about the rest of the environment,
though: the interpreter and the library are very stable and need only
some work to make them faster (which should be done after the 1.0)

> I also see you now support GNU/kfreeBSD, which makes ECL usable on all
> arches and ports of Debian, which is great!

BTW, is it easy to install Hurd? I might give it a try on a
virtualizer some day.