[Ecls-list] Distinguishing builds with ecl_cons or make_cons?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 23:31:59 UTC 2007

Using ffi:clines and ffi:c-inline, I have implemented the usocket
backend for ECL. When I did, I checked out and compiled the latest
release tag from ECL. Since then, many functions have gotten ecl_
prefixes (instead of or in addition to their old ones).

I don't have a problem with that. What's problematic here though is
that I've been unable to identify a means of distinguishing between
the versions at compile time in the lisp code. If I can distinguish
between them, I can make ecl compile the right code, but without that,
it's impossible to support both CVS and the 9i release.

I hope I'm missing something, though!

bye,

Erik.