[Ecls-list] ECL on MinGW/MSYS doesn't like spaces in the path

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 9 13:08:06 UTC 2007

2007/6/9, Alexander Beisig <Alexander.Beisig at informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de>:
> At first I tried to build ECL under "My Documents", but it failed early:

This should have been fixed by now. I will look into that.

> I noticed one other thing:  With --prefix=c:/ecl everything got dumped
> into that directory, no bin or include subdirectories were created.  I
> don't mind, because most Windows programs do it that way, but I think
> you mentioned you wanted to make ECL use a UNIX-like file layout?

The Unix file layout is intended for unices. Under windows we have
several problems, like the fact that the installation of programs is
not expected to leave files scattered all around ( I am talking about
Windows Installer and similar ) and that the shared libraries must be
together with the main program.