[Ecls-list] ECL on MinGW/MSYS doesn't like spaces in the path

Alexander Beisig Alexander.Beisig at informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jun 9 09:29:01 UTC 2007

At first I tried to build ECL under "My Documents", but it failed early:

Alex at POSEIDON ~/Eigene Dateien/Ecl/cvs
$ ./configure --help
Creating directory `build'
Switching to directory `build' to continue configuration.
./configure: /c/Dokumente: No such file or directory

Later on I had problems with documentation again, this time make wanted
to build documentation for gmp too and ran into an error with the MinGW
(or MSYS, dunno) version of makeinfo.  I had to create a no-op
executable for makeinfo just to skip that documentation part.

I noticed one other thing:  With --prefix=c:/ecl everything got dumped
into that directory, no bin or include subdirectories were created.  I
don't mind, because most Windows programs do it that way, but I think
you mentioned you wanted to make ECL use a UNIX-like file layout?

Otherwise, ECL builds nicely under MinGW for me now.  Nice work!