[Ecls-list] API prefix (ecl_) and ffi:c-lines

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 09:47:01 UTC 2007

On 7/25/07, Alexander Kjeldaas <alexander.kjeldaas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how your patch solves the problem you are faced with.  What do
> you do the next time the name of an ecl_ function changes? You need to query
> the version of the API as you say, and your patch does not provide a way to
> do that.

I don't expect an API change any time soon, but, I did this:

#+:prefixed-api
(ffi:clines
  "#define US_CONS(x,y) ecl_cons((x), (y))")

#-:prefixed-api
(ffi:clines
  "#define US_CONS(x,y) make_cons((x), (y))")

(ffi:c-inline ...
 " @(return) = US_CONS("value one", "value two");")

Where US_CONS is a value I control and thus can prevent API clashing with.

I think I *am* able to query the api version...

bye,

Erik.