[Ecls-list] feature request: a separate variable for linker command

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 12 09:08:41 UTC 2007

2007/7/12, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu>:
> My primary objective is to be able to link ECL with other applicatiions
> that are libtoolized -- that does not require that ECL is libtoolized
> itself.

Hmm, I had not considered that possibility. I understood you wanted to
create FASL files using libtool (see below)

> I would be glad explore further the possibility of libtoolizing ECL if that
> make things easier for you.  What other places would need changes?

Actually everywhere. The point is that ECL handles linking of its own
FASL files and therefore needs to know how DLLs are created. More or
less what libtool hides from the user.

Your new variable cmp:*ld* will be in CVS in half an hour.