[Ecls-list] feature request: a separate variable for linker command

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at cs.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 12 08:55:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

| 2007/6/29, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu>:
| >   Et the moment, ECL uses c::*cc* -- a command to invoke the C compiler --
| > as a command to invoke the linker.  That works for many cases. However,
| > for situations where the linker command needs to be different from
| > that of the C compiler, one our of luck.  A case in point is use of
| > libtool to invoke the linker: in that case, one really wants something like:
| >
| >     libtool --mode=link cc ...
| >
| > Thoughts?
|
| Really, if you want to use libtool you really will need more than just
| a fresh new variable in ECL.

My primary objective is to be able to link ECL with other applicatiions
that are libtoolized -- that does not require that ECL is libtoolized
itself.

I would be glad explore further the possibility of libtoolizing ECL if that
make things easier for you.  What other places would need changes?

-- Gaby