[Ecls-list] "broken at EVAL"?, and init.lsp

Clayton Morrison clayton at ISI.EDU
Wed Jan 10 19:04:14 UTC 2007

Two newbie questions that I couldn't find exactly addressed in the
mail archive or the docs (unless I missed something):

(1) The startup message for ecl ends with "Broken in EVAL" (I see in
the mail list archive that others get this too).  What does this mean?

According to the documentation, ecl will automatically load init.lsp
from the current working directory (which I assume is whatever
directory I'm in when I launch ecl; I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.8,
Darwin).  But this doesn't seem to be happening for me.

(2a) How can I get init.lsp to load when I start up ecl? (Is this
related to (1)?)

(2b) Is it possible to fix the default directory where init.lsp lives
so that I don't have to always be in precisely that directory when I
start ecl?

Thanks,

-Clay

Clayton T. Morrison