[Ecls-list] ECL and Slime

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 10 07:29:36 UTC 2007

2007/1/10, Clayton Morrison <clayton at isi.edu>:
> I am new to ECL and this mailing list, and the mailing list archive link is
> currently broken, so apologies if this question has already been addressed
> previously.  I am interested in the status of slime integration with ECL.  I
> was recently pointed to a small thread (from August 2005) on the slime-devel
> list that noted an initial port of slime to ECL:
> [...]  For example, the backtrace is not accessible (leading to
> further errors with the SWANK-BACKEND:FRAME-LOCALS).  My questions are:

I must admit that my development model does not match very much the
workflow in slime, and thus I have not been working on that initial
port lately. However, the only thing I expect to be missing is the
debugging facilities. The problem is that Slime expects from the lisp
a particular model of API for accessing debugger stack frames,
variable bindings, etc. I assume it is just a matter of learning what
Slime expects and filling up the appropiate holes with calls to the
functions in ECL, but it is not one of my highest priorities right
now.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/